Occupational Center Services
Mazarrón Occupational Center is designed to enable career development, personal and social development of people served to overcome the obstacles that the disabilities are assumed in their social integration.
Due to the great demand on the part of the disabled in a job, given the difficulty of access to the labor camp in the general population, but especially for people with disabilities, and within these mental disability The City Council saw fit Mazarrón creating Occupational Center, to facilitate the full integration of the mentally disabled through their access to work and workplace integration.
The limitations of most of the mentally handicapped need not be an impediment to work. Their difficulty in certain tasks does not preclude the use of other less complex or liability. The experts in the field of mental disability in securing match the enormous opportunities presented by these people to fit into a scheme of work.
The integration in a regular or special work and leisure time is crucial for people who have a lot of it and, in many cases, need other people to enjoy it. But, in turn, need to feel useful to society around them, which are integrated and which are capable of performing work activities in a standardized way. Occupational Center will be the tool for that, in order to achieve within the capabilities of each, the overcoming of obstacles that the disability is for integration into the workplace.
Among the basic methodological principles Occupational Center, will not prejudice the individual ceiling of each of them, without requiring that, by the degree of intelligence, personal maturity and level of learning, can not give, the same way, nor we retain in the center who has passed the stage of learning and maturing.
The recent resolution in the center where he enrolled in the registry Occupational Municipal Social Services Center and the subsequent completion of the Internal Regulations, inter alia, has revealed the reality of this center, the request for admission of persons with severe disabilities who, not having the ability to be integrated directly into the Occupational Center workshops do require attention and appropriate therapy to his personal characteristics, so that they can be integrated into the activities of workshops in a gradual and with appropriate technical adjustments.
With new applications will set the following schedule agreed by the admissions committee requests (body referred to in the Internal Regulations)
"... Then you set the scale scores to be applied as a criterion for admission of users in order to score and having a deadline of 16 (8 students per instructor), and 4 car users severe disability, provided there is staff and educational support therapy (physical therapist, occupational, educational and technical assistant therapies).
0 < of 33%; 1 of 33% to 54 %; 2 of 55% to 77%; 3 > of 77 % .
Mental Illness 0, 1 Disablements. Physics, 2 Disablements. Mental or sensory, 3 Disablements. Physical-mental-sensory (at least two of them.)
0 Yes; 1 No
0 Independent, 1 autonomous monitoring, 2 a person needs help to ADL.
The workshop will be adapted to pre-adjustment period if possible through professional reports and interviews, or during the adaptation process, assessing the same from 0 to 5 depending on the level of adaptation that is observed by the User admissions committee.
Maximum and minimum scores
This scale has a maximum score of 16 points.
The person who does not reach the minimum of 6 points in the overall score or get 2 or more items in Adapting to Workshops and Support, is measured at the service of therapy for post as a user of great disability.
Para cumplir en la medida de lo posible los objetivos de nuestro Centro, se llevan a cabo una serie de actividades:
- Ceramics and pottery, which aims to develop skills, abilities and skills of people with disabilities to achieve a sufficient level of competition for access to a dignified, independent and standardized facilitating social integration.
- Painting: depending on the creativity can get many results. The elements used may be optional: fabric, flowers, pottery, mosaics, putty, wire, wood, stone, etc. And the wax, polish or varnish to achieve the desired finish.
- Binding: books, notebooks, pens, etc. are achieved through cardboard sheets of different thicknesses and guards and guaflex of various colors and compositions. This workshop will get the coordination and collaboration among participants.
- Computer: With the aim of providing the youth of an instrument that is capable of opening to new knowledge, the strengthening of those already have and access to information in general.
- Crafts: It is intended to encourage teamwork, creativity, communication, sensory integration and attention. Using a variety of materials.
- Entertainment & Leisure: aims to promote social integration of our youth in their leisure time for enjoyment as any young.
Among the objectives we seek with the Centre, among others, have managed to contribute to the creative training, achieve full participation by encouraging creativity and manual dexterity and facilitating the process of normalization of these people, spending leisure time by performing leisure activities, so as to build bridges of friendship and integration within the group and society in general, we also want the boys and girls from the Centre to understand the marketing process resulting from the craftsmanship that they and they do. Understanding this process is in realizing that through the sale of its products, other activities are available alternatives that pose an additional cost and maintenance of materials used in the various workshops and activities arising planning of our goals.
All our products are handmade, found on sale in Occupational Center, Calle Virgen de Fatima 3, either directly or by commission. Throughout the year, make products, being specific to the time of year when we meet. Among others have: books, binders, desk sets, pens, toothpick holders, ceramic figurines, decorative boxes, bags and purses, bookmarks, bracelets, soaps, scented candles, children's tables, etc. We can also provide binding services to learners and / or teachers of Primary and Secondary Schools also aim to tailor our products to the demands that we can do business or private citizens, for example, details of celebrations or events (conferences courses, baptisms, communions, weddings, etc..).
On April 30, 2009 was actually the opening of the store, with the permission of the municipal taxes for the sale of products through the adoption of the bylaw in BORM of January 5, 2009.
Therapeutic and educational activities. Personal.
Occupational Therapy (basic daily life activities and instrumental social skills, music therapy, cognitive stimulation, adaptation, ...)
Occupational Therapy is the discipline that evaluates socio person's ability to perform activities of daily living and intervenes when that capacity is at risk or harmed by any cause, whether physical, cognitive, social or emotional getting the maximum autonomy and integration. Occupational Therapy considers the human being as a whole, as a bio-psycho-social.
Different interventions will be scheduled in both the users included in the workshops and individual levels for users by their individual characteristics they are unable to access these workshops. Therefore, the intervention is direct (individual or group).
He was also given special attention to the implementation of an intervention in the families of the users of the center, thus paying full attention, taking into account not only the environment of occupational center, but also dealt with the family.
In programming, special attention to the maintenance and / or recovery of activities of daily living (ADLs). Depending on the level of demand that can differentiate the activity requested in:
- Activities of basic daily living: bathing and personal hygiene, food, clothing, mobility, ambulation, transfers, continence, etc.
- Activities of daily living instrumental: money management, use of transport, communication, performing household chores, medication management.
- Activities of daily living advanced: leisure, recreation and sport.
The occupational therapist will be responsible for adapting and grade selected aspects and contextual conditions of the activities carried out by users, thereby facilitating its implementation in accordance with specific needs that arise, including in this section the workshops held in the center and the various activities that can develop individually in the occupational therapy room.
In short his speech focuses on:
- Plan and execute the program to develop, re-learn, maintain, compensate and / or replace capacity and / or skills at a level sufficient to enable it to achieve maximum independence in activities of daily living.
- Accommodations and / or changes in the environment (classrooms, toilets, accesses, etc.) Materials and equipment (material used for the various workshops, such as computers.)
- Design activities and tasks for the development of activities and motor skills, cognitive processing and communication and interaction.
- Assessment, prescription, education and training in the use of technical aids and orthotics.
- Enhance sporting activities and entertainment and leisure.
Physiotherapy. Hydrotherapy. Psychomotor. Objectives
Physiotherapy is a health discipline that encompasses a range of methods, actions and techniques, which through the application of physical, cure, prevent and adapt to people with disabilities or those who wish to maintain an adequate level of health.
In its intervention program used a variety of methods such as the exercise therapy, thermotherapy, cryotherapy, Hydrokinesitherapy, massage, etc. and many techniques (Bobath, PNF, etc.)..
In the same way as in the Occupational Therapy Service is scheduled interventions, both users included in the workshops and individual levels for users by their individual characteristics they are unable to access these workshops. Therefore, the intervention is direct (individual or group).
His intervention will focus on:
- Improve range of motion and improving strength, endurance and muscle power
- Improving static and dynamic postural
- Improve breathing ability
- Maintenance, training and / or rehabilitation of gait
- Preventing the emergence of possible deformities and / or orthopedic disorders
- Avoid prolonged inactivity or immobility and promote an active lifestyle
The work they carry out the person in charge of educational aspects, would be:
- Gather information on the family, therapists and address of the center, with appropriate advice, ask how a communication is established between user and technician to make their demands and that it can respond to them and vice versa. This will take into account both the use of oral language and other alternative languages and / or augmentative communication.
- Programmed for each individual user support individual training in basic educational skills, based both on issues of education and in social and educational skills relating to activities of daily living (health education, roads, etc).
- Set group-level activities for the development and improvement of the educational aspects mentioned above.
- Continued vigilance and surveillance to the basic needs that demanded by the user or not, are capable of direct intervention and appropriate to the user.
- In coordination with the therapists and head of the center, will be interested in therapeutic programs for each user in order to collaborate with them in the implementation, maintenance and evaluation of them, as well as the introduction of educational aspects in the same .
- Arrange facilitate user mobility as the means used for it (walker, wheelchair, etc.), In coordination with municipal services for the purpose.
Occupational Center pertaining to the Department of Social Policy has set this course aims to promote sporting skills, follow rules and regulations for individual and team play, and to encourage collaboration and participation with other Department of Occupational region. Therefore, in collaboration with the Department of Sports, has launched for the first time in Mazarrón, the participation of these boys and girls with physical, mental and / or sensory School Sports Program, organized every year General Directorate of Sports of the Autonomous Community of Murcia. Will be held within the activities of Adapted Sports, and our Occupational Center will be recorded in the following ways:
- Table Tennis
- Field through
Also be programmed workouts in each sport, reaching its culmination in the regional competition dates.
It is also our intention that these boys and girls to participate in all local sporting events, including within the Municipal Sports.
The results of these can be found at: www.fedemips.org
Professional association of occupational centers "Alaternativas and disability"
Association "Alternativa and Disability" consists of all Occupational Centers Municipal Murcia, in order to plan basic guidelines for all workers in these centers and the development of basic documents (white paper, quality criteria , etc). It also aims to organize events for coexistence between users and professionals from different centers of the region, as well as sharing experiences together.
To this end, a Commission of representatives of Regional Occupational Centers, responsible for organizing the activities of this Association.
- Discover a special world
This activity takes place three years ago. It consists of school visits and pupils of compulsory exposure of work by the boys and girls of our Center as well as performing their own works of workshops that are approved by the users of our center by activities bracelets, purses (which are remembered skills of chopping and sewing patterns), binding, etc.
These activities also aim to inform young people about the objectives and details of Occupational Center workshops and activities for each of them and usually involved a total of about two hundred students from various schools in the county, such as: CEIP "Bay" , CEIP "The Canad" CEIP "Ginés García Martínez," CEIP "Infanta Leonor", Institute of ESO "Felipe II."
- Driver Education
Users of Mazarrón Occupational Center have initiated driver education classes to ensure their interaction in the social environment of the municipality. These talks, given by agents of the municipality, promote safety and awareness of all citizens of the essential rules to follow.
The theory and practice has encouraged the involvement of users of Mazarrón Occupational Center, who have paid much attention to the instructions of the agent working on this project. These classes will be reinforced by learning through models available in the Occupational Center, which will guide users to the knowledge of traffic signs and their environment.
With this new initiative, the Department of Public Safety of the City of Mazarron is about each school for more than 4 000 people, including students from schools in the municipality, those involved in theoretical and practical activities, and in the cycling track, competitions and field trips.
The purpose of this dynamic programming is to bring the entire school community the importance of knowing and respecting the basic rules of road safety and whether pedestrians or drivers.
- Art Therapy
Taught by a student of Masters in Art Therapy from the School of Psychology at the University of Murcia.
Exhibition of Occupational Centers of Valencia and Murcia, in the context of the cultural week coinciding with the day of Disability in the municipality of Archena.
Exhibitions are also held in premises of the municipality, paintings, crafts and ceramics.
- Partnerships with schools and Primary Education
Our collaboration with the Centers for Education and Primary, ranging from the completion and exhibition of nativity scenes, to participating in theaters, extracurricular activities the Occupational Center, visits, etc. We are open to many ideas from these centers may arise in favor of closer cooperation and participation.
Once a quarter we usually set the output activity of the Centre at various places in the municipality or region. For the summer, we schedule trips to the beach at least once a month.
- Holiday Homes
In the month of June, and as a final course activity, organized an activity to spend three days away from home. Aims to assess all the tasks scheduled for the improvement of personal autonomy, and to spend a few days living together, and even users of other Occupational Centers.
- Transport service. Objectives. Use criteria
ASPADEM Association provides user assistance to the Centre for Early Care and Occupational Center, with two vans for travel taking charge of maintenance inspections and repairs of the same. Drivers of the same, volunteers and fuel, are performed by the City of Mazarrón.
Criteria for regular transit use in the Early Childhood Center:
- Criteria for family mobility:
- The family did not have your own car
- The family has their own vehicle is not accessible
- The family have adapted their own vehicle
- Family availability criteria:
- The parent or guardian, working hours incompatible with the child's attendance at CATR
- Some of those mentioned in a) work schedule but being incompatible with the child's attendance at the CATR, could obtain permission from the company to meet this need
- Some of those mentioned in a) working, but your schedule is compatible with the child's attendance at CATR
- Economic criteria for family income:
- Family income can not offset the costs of vehicle use
- Family income can offset the costs of vehicle use provided that certain contingencies of service this
- Family income can offset the costs of vehicle use
- User mobility criteria:
- Their mobility is completely reduced
- Their mobility is partially reduced
- Their mobility is independent
- trip will build on already fixed in time for other children who meet criteria for access to transport.
- It is set in both the town of Mazarrón and in the Port few collection points as close to users and has parking and accessibility conditions.
The Center for prevention and care for people with disabilities in Mazarrón, are funded by 20% of the total registered with grants through the Convention, and refurbishing equipment grants from the Instituto Murciano Social Action of the Ministry of Women and Social Policy Immigration of the Autonomous Region of Murcia, being the remaining 80% financed with own resources of the City of Mazarrón.
In previous years we have had voluntary collaboration of people who did not belong to associations or NGOs, as well as Red Cross volunteers from the Local Assembly of Mazarrón. In 2010 it launched a voluntary program in which they have asked for three volunteers to the Centers, with two people who are already working with us.